Abacus represents the mutual financial services sector by participating in a range of industry working groups and forums, and is on various committees.
A selection of some of the groups Abacus is involved with is below.
Abacus Public Affairs
- Australian Retail Credit Association
- Financial Ombudsman Service Mutuals Advisory Committee
- Australian Payments Clearing Association Stakeholder Forums
- ASIC Credit Consultation Group
- Federal Treasury Financial Services Working Group
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority industry groups
Abacus Fraud and Financial Crimes
- Abacus Fraud Prevention Committee (APFC) - our mutual industry’s ongoing Fraud committee - was formed in 2002 jointly between credit unions, building societies and Abacus. bankmecu, Greater Building Society, CUA, People's Choice Credit Union, Heritage Bank, Teachers Credit Union, Community CPS, LCU, PNCS and Newcastle Permanent Building Society are all represented on this key group that meets quarterly
- Australasian Card Risk Council (ACRC)
- BPay Fraud Committee
- APCA Fraud Committee
- Interbank Fraud Group
- ECrime Interbank- Specialist Team Group Banks, AFP and Abacus
- National Cybercrime Security Awareness Steering Group
As Abacus industry specialists, we also partner with and present at meetings of:
- IAFCI - International Association Financial Crimes Investigators (NSW Chapter)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiners) Sydney Chapter
Our ongoing Public Private partnerships with law enforcement and crime agencies have been formalised over many years and include Australian Crime Commission, NSW Crime Commission, NSW Police, AFP, WAPOL, SAPOL, TASPOL, VICPOL, NT Police and the APCACP (Asia Pacific Coalition against Child Pornography).